background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Change, Change, Change...

What better time to start a new blog than here - at this new chapter in our lives. We have a new baby to add to the family, Jordan graduated from Medical School at VCOM and was promoted to the rank of Captain in the Army, we moved from Fayetteville, North Carolina to Washington D.C. and bought a house for the first time, and the changes just keep on coming! Our 5 month old has already had quite the taste of life as a Thomson so far. In these few months, she has been to the beach twice, has stayed in hotels, has traveled between D.C. and North Carolina 6 times and to Blacksburg, VA one time, and has lived in two different houses. While I was pregnant with her, I had flown all over the country and had also lived in two different houses during that time period as well, so she was quite literally born on the go! Beckham is used to it as well - it is all he has ever known. Last week he asked me, "Why are we moving all the time and going so many places?!" In a few weeks time we had bought a house in D.C., drove back to North Carolina, took a trip to the Outer Banks, Jordan took off to Utah and I flew my mom out to N.C. to visit, we drove a car up to our new house in D.C. and spent the night and saw some sights and then drove back to N.C., packed up our house, finally moved to D.C., then we packed our luggage and spent a week in Blacksburg, VA for the graduation, and then drove BACK to D.C., and then Jordan immediately left to Utah again for Rhett's wedding and the kids and I took off to Fairfax to spend a couple of days with a close friend and her kids. Phew! My poor kids need a good four years in one spot, I'd say! (Well, except for those spontaneous vacations we take, of course :)

So, here is our not only a new chapter, but a whole new saga . . . to be continued. I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your life there in DC!

    ReplyDelete