background

Friday, July 12, 2013

It's Five-Minute-Friday! Topic: Present

Go!

I am giddy at this concept of just getting to write.  Anything?!  I don't have an agenda or the worry of getting it just right and going back and editing again and again.  Thank goodness for instant spellcheck!  After spending so much time in college classes, this is such a breath of fresh air.  And here I am not even able to stay on topic because I'm so ecstatic!

But, in this moment, I am certainly PRESENT.  I feel it in my eyes as they glisten with utter happiness.  I feel it in my heart as I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my life and my family and my friends and this wonderful sense of community all around me no matter where I go in life.  I find it when I look for it.  Too often I get so caught up in everything else.  Way too caught up in the tangles of what was going on yesterday or what is going on tomorrow, forgetting to appreciate this moment in front of my very eyes.

My sweet little 3-year-old is asking me for a marshmallow with her big, blue eyes and then pitter-patters across the kitchen to go get it as I holler for her to wait.  Then she rebounds with a plea to have fruit snacks.  She wants me to be present.  She wants me to see her.  I see her.  I do.  I love her.  I love all of my sweet children.  And I know the best thing I can ever do for them is to live in every present moment with them, exploring the adventure of life together.  The dandelions blowing in the wind.  The bubbles popping in the grass.  The sidewalk chalk all over our hands.  Laughing, singing, without a care in the world because it's bliss.

Stop.



2 comments:

  1. I'm suppose to encourage you but instead you have encouraged me ...Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous posting Erin! I totally agree about the being present with our kids!

    I too love to write and loved reading about your excitement.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete