Go!
I can only think of one thing right now, as my little 23-month-old munchkin climbs all over me and as I try to type one-handed despite his face in my face: How could I ever feel lonely with this guy around?!

There is an E. E. Cummings poem that has always touched my heart. It speaks to me, as a mother. I'll try to copy and paste it below before my little guy erases my document or demands I give up on this endeavor altogether.... Oh, how I love him! I am never lonely with my sweet babies.

i carry your heart with me (i
carry it in
my heart)


i am never without
it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and
whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my
darling)
i
fear no fate (for you are my fate, my
sweet)
i want no world (for beautiful you are
my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a
moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always
sing is you

here is the deepest secret
nobody knows
(here is the root of the root
and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a
tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or
mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's
keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it
in my heart)
“[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]” Copyright 1952, © 1980, 1991 by
the Trustees for the E. E. Cummings Trust, from Complete Poems:
1904-1962 by E. E. Cummings, edited by George J. Firmage. Used by
permission of Liveright Publishing Corporation.
Source: Complete Poems: 1904-1962 (Liveright Publishing Corporation, 1991)
Nice poem! Never lonely when you have love for your kids in your heart!
ReplyDelete