

One of the great things about moving a lot is that you get to discover all of the new exciting things to do in each city and you have a whole new array of restaurants to choose from. One of the annoying things about moving a lot is that you have to figure out which of these restaurants are even worth going to. We like to find little family-owned restaurants, usually a quaint little place with amazing food and a peaceful atmosphere. In Blacksburg, Virginia we found Cafe de Bangkok... amazing Thai food! We also found a very lovely Indian Restaurant that had fabulous food at great prices and there was never a wait. In Fayetteville, North Carolina we discovered a small sushi restaurant, Sukura, that was the size of my kitchen. In fact, it was such an intimate setting, that the hostess would seat you right next to another couple at their table if it happened to be a busy night. Best sushi I've ever had. Now we are in the greater DC area. There are thousands of restaurants to choose from and I don't even know where to begin. I think I'm going to start by trying out the two above - an Indian restaurant in Georgetown and a Greek restaurant in Capitol Hill. I love all Moroccan, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Greek, Italian,and Mediterranean foods. I'm a sucker for any colorful foods with a lot of kick. In fact, just last week we went to an alumni party at Geppetto's - a Mediterranean restaurant that featured things like Mango Chicken (which is the only dish I can remember because that is what I happened to order). That place was nice, but a little too pricey for us. Lucky for us, the school was paying for our meal. We like to find a restaurant where we feel like we're getting quality food at a steal of a price. In fact, I can't get Jordan to eat with me somewhere if he feels like he's getting too little food for too much money. He's going to be one of those old men who live for the early bird buffet! Ha ha! Old man Jordan. Gotta love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment