So this one seemed a little goofy to me at first... I mean, does anyone really care what is in my makeup bag? But, then again, I actually like to see what products other women swear by and get ideas for new makeup to use (especially since it has been awhile since I ventured out and tried something different). I used to adore my makeup time, not because I cared that much about my personal appearance, but because it relaxed me. I would slowly put on my makeup like it was a meditative ritual of relaxing breaths and introspective contemplation. It was the one part of the day where I got to stand still. Now I find myself quickly putting on my makeup while I juggle getting the kids ready for the day, getting the diaper bag packed, cleaning up any breakfast dishes, changing the laundry, and running out the door. So, my makeup routine has become extremely simplified, to say the least. Here is what I have in my makeup bag:

Moisturize, protect against sun damage with an SPF 30, and offer your skin super-smooth, flawless, radiant tone in one easy step. I swear by this stuff. I am all about multi-tasking.

Perfect for living in a humid area, this ultra fine powder (aka "mineral veil") keeps you from getting shiny without giving your skin that cakey, powdery look.

A great blush for achieving a natural glow... I usually use the middle color on the apples of my cheeks and the lightest color as a highlighter on my jaw bone and cheek bones and sometimes my brow bone if I'm in too big of a rush to apply eye shadow.

This eye-liner by Clinique is a really pretty, shimmery brown - it kind of reminds me of nutmeg, although it is called "brown sugar." It really brings out blue eyes, so I highly recommend it if you fall in this category. It goes on so smooth that you can do a fine line, or apply a little more and smudge it. Because it's so smooth, it doesn't tug at the delicate skin around the eye. And it never smudges into the creases under your eyes. Even in humidity. That is saying a lot when you live in the south during an especially sultry day.

I can't pinpoint what makes this lip gloss so wonderful, but I have fallen in love with it. I have a hard time finding the perfect color for my lips - something versatile that can be worn at the gym, the park, the mall, or on a date. But, I found this Sugar Plum lipgloss by Bare Minerals, via a free sample, and just had to go out and buy it. It's a very pretty berry color with a slight deep purple hue (instead of that metallic silvery purple that I stay away from at all costs because it makes me look like a robot). It also goes on smooth instead of sticky. It looks great worn dark or blotted/muted. It does come off when you kiss your little ones' cheeks, so beware of that. Otherwise, perfect lip gloss in every way.
So, there you have it... I also wear eye shadow and mascara but have yet to find a product that I swear by, so I didn't add those to the list. I usually just buy some kind of neutral eye shadow that can cover up the perpetual exhaustion and brighten up my bloodshot, tired eyes ...and I'm a sucker for a mascara that claims to not smudge and to look and feel natural. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them! I could use a few pointers on how to update my makeup bag :)
No comments:
Post a Comment