background

Friday, October 15, 2010

Random photo of the day...



Day 1: a photo of yourself and how your day was

This photo was taken in the Outer Banks a few months ago. I love any kind of boat, any time, any where. Even looking at a boat gives me that feeling of exhilaration. Yesterday, Jordan had a miraculous "half day" (meaning he only worked about 8 hours instead of 30), so we took off to Kent Island all afternoon to drive around, play on the coast and go out for dinner on the dock... surrounded by water and boats and sunshine. (We took photos, but I haven't uploaded them yet, of course.) Every inhale consisted of sunshine, sea air, and small-town charm. Today I have felt that continued exhilaration. It's like a drug. I have been super-productive with energy to spare, which is saying a lot for a tired mom with two young kids. I cleaned the entire house, did all of the laundry (and, oh my goodness, there was a MOUNTAIN of laundry), made Halloween cookies AND brownies with Beckham, made three different dinners (one for the kids, one for me, and one to take to Jordan at the hospital), got the kids ready for bed early so they could fall asleep in the car, and left in the rush-hour traffic to take Jordan his dinner. All the while (and this is the real shocker) I was bustling with energy. I think a trip to the seaside should become my weekly fix! We often fantasize about the day when we can finally buy our own boat (some time after residency). Even if it's a rusty old rowboat, I will be a happy woman.

1 comment:

  1. This is a super fun idea. I may steal it once I've caught up on baby postings :)

    ReplyDelete