background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 16: my celebrity crush... really, that's the name of this post.

Jordan makes fun of me for the actors that I find sexy in movies that we watch. It's never the leading man who is out saving the world with his masculinity and good looks. It's usually the sweet, sensitive guy. Jordan just doesn't get why I would find "that guy" good-looking. Here are a couple of examples right off the bat:




Jeffrey Dean and Colin Firth are two such examples. Notice they are both from the UK. I admit, it's the accent. At first glance, they really don't strike me as especially attractive, but the characters they have played have made me swoon. Yes, I said "swoon." I'm exaggerating, of course. I'm the last person you will ever find reading People Magazine and the tabloids to find out who is dating who in Hollywood. I could care less. But, since today's blog is designated FOR me, by the powers that be, as "my celebrity crush," I thought I would at least put my input out there. The reason I find these particular actors so swoon-worthy (there, I said it again) is because their characters, at least in the movies I have seen them in, are so soulful and deep in a quiet, introspective way. The characters are intelligent, kind, humble, practical yet with a slight hint of romanticism. They are manly yet secretively sensitive.

And now I've pinpointed why I find their characters attractive - it is the same things that made me fall for Jordan. With one difference. At first glance, Jordan IS a very, very good-looking guy. But then he has that added bonus of having a very attractive personality as well. I vowed to not fall for Jordan when I met him because he was so good looking. Once I started talking with him, I couldn't help it. The more time I spent with him, the more I couldn't resist his charm. The beauty of it is that he wasn't TRYING to be charming (well, maybe a little bit). I'm very attracted to that natural goodness in him. Jordan probably gets embarrassed by me posting about him all the time, but if he has something to say he can go ahead and refute all of my claims of him being Prince Charming by posting something on this blog himself. The fact of the matter is, I'm really happy that I got to marry the man of my dreams. No amount of fantasizing about some "dreamy" actor can replace the fact that I get a real-life dreamy man to call my husband. Now that is what I call swooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment