background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 26: Somewhere I've been...

Deliriously dizzy and hysterically happy.





Awww, Disney World. The happiest place on earth. These photos are from over two years ago. Beckham was barely 2 years old at the time. Jordan hadn't even begun his 3rd year of medical school. Life seemed a whole lot simpler back then. Every now and then I look back at these photos and just smile and fondly remember how we just couldn't stop laughing hysterically. Then I wonder why we don't have more moments like those in our day to day life. Beckham and I used to laugh together all the time. Lately I feel so exhausted and over-worked as I frantically try to fit everything I have to do into my day. But then I see a photo like this and I want to whisk my kids away to Disney World (or at least the playroom) for some fun. I was going to throw up a photo of our recent trip to New York. It was an absolutely fantastic trip. But then I noticed how tired I look in all of the photos, which is especially bad when you're not photogenic as it is. I was getting kind of depressed realizing how old and tired and frumpy I look in all of my recent photos. I really wanted to put something up that makes me feel energetic rather than drained, something to boost my spirits at the moment. I've been getting over a nasty cold and have a long night ahead of me of studying and doing laundry while Jordan is out working the graveyard shift at the hospital. These are just the sort of photos I need to see right now to give me that energy boost and remind me that it's fun to laugh and that I need to get my kids out for some fun activities tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment